Monday, July 27, 2009

Legomyosamabinlego



I am not sure it is entirely necessary to have an Osama Bin Ladan Lego. I mean I guess if you are into war games and all, it might come in handy. When I complained a little bit at a family dinner last night, I was encouraged to see Legos as a reflection of the whole world, not just my own family. Well, ok, but there are no Legos reflecting any other ethnic or religious group. No yamikas, no sombreros, no nun's habits, no big hair from Texas, no corn rows like Jamaica, so I'm leaning towards a political statement from the pulse of Legoland. Now, the girls reminded me that we longer hair types, wrap up our heads in a towel after a shower. And then just as I thought I might get all caught up in this dilemma, God showed me there are worse things...like finding you cell phone in the garbage disposal. Seriously I have no idea! I kept thinking I was hearing it ring last night, but looked towards the kitchen counter and didn't see it, so I figured I was just hearing things. I was tidying up the kitchen this morning anticipating that the Fire Dept might just return my husband to me after working the equivalent of 2 weeks (80 hours) in just 3 1/2 days and was rinsing out the sink, poured a little lemon juice down the drain and flipped the switch on the disposal and heard...well you can imagine. I never in a million years suspected it to be my cell phone. But it was. I have hope. It's sitting in the window sill drying out and I have every intention of putting it back together because really what is more ridiculous, Osama the Lego or a cell phone in the garbage disposal?

4 comments:

Britt@artbybritt said...

Too funny Jodi! Thanks for making me laugh today. :)

harrells said...

unbelievable! so funny! sorry about your loss though.... I've broken a few and just sent out a message to everyone I knew and usually end up with a better phone then I started with!!

JUST A MOM said...

I think I lost 2 or 3 lbs by laughing so hard....great workout!

Carol said...

You crack me up! Thanks for all the blogs. I think this is your best one so faro. HAHHA